Saturday, November 19, 11am - 1pm
Cohasset Sports Complex
Paul Rabil Shooting and Offensive Skills Clinic
Sunday, November 20, 4 - 6 pm
Jordan Burke Goalie Clinic
Saturday, December 3, 5 - 7pm
Click here for more information on all three clinics.
"The Boston Cannons constantly strive to be a part of our community, and teaching clinics is one of the best ways to help make an impact in the growing youth lacrosse programs in the area," said Cannons general manager Kevin Barney. "Not only are these guys some of our best players, they also excel in teaching. They can effectively break down their knowledge in a way youth players can understand and apply it to their own game."
The All-Star Middie Clinic ($75) will focus on skills required to be all-around players and control the game at midfield, including shooting and dodging, transition play, ground balls and defense. The Paul Rabil Shooting and Offensive Skills Clinic ($75) will teach skills including shooting on the run, shooting with time and room, dodging to shoot or feed and more. Jordan Burke's Goalie Clinic ($85) will provide the rare chance for goalies to receive individual attention on positioning, technique and controlling the defense.
About the Players
- Kevin Buchanan, a threat at both midfield and attack, scored the winning goal in the 2011 MLL Championship game.
- Mike Stone has developed into a top outside shooter in the league, adding power to the Cannons offense.
- Matt Smalley was the 2011 ground ball leader, playing an important role in winning face-offs and setting the tempo of games.
- Jon Hayes became a key defensive midfielder, shutting down opponents' top middies and causing turnovers to control the games.
- Paul Rabil was named the 2011 MLL Most Valuable Player and Offensive Player of the Year for his 50 points on 28 goals and 18 assists (including four two-point goals).
- Jordan Burke won the starting spot early in the 2011 season and became the MLL Championship Game MVP.
On-line registration is available by clicking on the links above, or by calling the Boston Cannons at 617-746-9933. For more information, e-mail the Cannons at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Boston Cannons 2012 Season Tickets
Season Ticket packages for the 2012 Season are on sale now! Packages start at only $84 for the 7-game package. To purchase or for more information on Cannons season tickets, call the Cannons at 617-746-9933, visit www.bostoncannons.com or e-mail email@example.com.
About the Boston Cannons
The Boston Cannons are one of the founding franchises of Major League Lacrosse, the premier professional outdoor lacrosse league. They began play in June of 2001 and currently host home games at Harvard Stadium in Allston. They won their first MLL Championship on August 28, 2011.